Vol. 2 Issue 51 | December 23, 2016
From our family to yours. May peace and joy fill your home this Christmas season.
– The Axis Staff
10 Good Reads This Christmas!
Looking for last minute Christmas gifts, or just a good resource to help you disciple your teens? Here are 10 good reads for your personal edification during the holidays.
1. You Are What You Love: James K.A. Smith has probably influenced Axis as much as any other modern author. His new book details the relationship between what we worship and what we eventually become.
2. Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age: Sherry Turkle explains how the modern age is sacrificing conversation for connection.
4. The Day The Revolution Began: Scholar and Anglican Bishop N.T. Wright (modern day C.S. Lewis) contemplates the meaning of Jesus’ crucifixion.
5. Live With Heart & Soul: A magazine by our friend Cornell Warren for women who want to celebrate the beautiful in life. It promotes biblical femininity for women of all ages.
6. How To Talk With Your Kids About Pop Culture, Technology, and Social Media: This Axis ebook will help you start conversations with your teens about Snapchat, Instagram, smartphones, and music.
7. Screens and Teens: Kathy Koch discovers the big lies technology is teaching our children.
8. Man Maker Project: This new book by Chris Bruno is a practical roadmap equipping fathers to create modern-day masculine initiation experiences for their sons.
9. Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover & Love Your Church: Dr. Kara Powell’s new book helps pastors and youth leaders position their church to engage the next generation.
10. The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brain: Nicholas Carr’s best-selling book details how the internet is creating a new social ethic, while changing the very chemistry of our brains.